Monday 9 May 2016

Products That Are Worth The Hype


I believe that I don't give into the hype too easily, especially when it comes to new products. I like to read and watch a lot of reviews before I go out and spend my money on it. Maybe it's because I don't have the ability to splurge money on every beauty product that comes out to test or maybe because I really don't want to waste my money. But these products are ones that after doing lots of research, I bought and they were as good or even better than people claimed them to be.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation ($50AUD) - I recently did a review on this product here, so I won't go to in depth but this foundation has quickly become one of my all time favourites. It last all day, doesn't feel or look cakey, and gives a great full coverage without having to apply layers. My favourite way to apply this with a damp Beauty Blender as it gives a more natural finish but I don't find that this effects the longevity of the foundation. A must buy for anyone with oily/combination skin!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders ($70AUD) - Probably one of the most hyped products on the market but these powders are honestly the most amazing powders that do a multitude of things. They are a setting powder that is supposed to mimic certain lighting to create a photo shopped effect. Each powder does something different, and can be used to set your face, highlight, and even as a eyeshadow. I have the shades Diffused Light and Mood Light, the first I use to set my makeup as the yellowness of the powder counteracts redness and the second to highlight as it has a strong pink undertone and I usually use it on top of blush. Magic in a compact and definitely worth the hefty price tag!

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils ($41) - One of Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup favourites, these lip pencils are some of the best matte lip products on the market. These feel so light on the lips and aren't drying in the slightest. The colours I own are Cruella, a blue toned red, and Dolce Vita, a dusty pink. I also had Bahama, but that is somewhere lost on the streets of Edinburgh! If your looking for a comfortable matte lip, look no further and pick up a shade!

Colourpop Super Shock Shadows ($5USD) - This brand is relatively new to me but I've heard so many great things around YouTube about them. Everyone on there was talking about these shadows and how pigmented they are and the amazing formula that is cream to powder. And they were right, the formula is strange, it feels bouncy yet like a powder, and the pigmentation is phenomenal. I have the shades Bae, a blue duo chrome shade, and DGAF, a rose gold with green and gold shimmer. They have a variety of colours and I really want to get some more soon.

Lorac Pro Palette ($44USD) - A year or two ago, this product was one of the most coveted products going around. It still is hard to get with the brand only being available over in the US, but I got mine shipped over with the Shop and Box shipping service, would totally recommend them! The palette has almost every colour you would need if you love neutral shades. With 8 mattes, and 8 matching shimmers, you have everything you need! The pigmentation is great and the eye shadows are really buttery. If your looking for an all round palette that will cover all bases, this is the one!

What products do you believe are worth the hype!

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig