Friday 22 April 2016

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review


The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is a cult classic foundation that has been talked about for so many years. But it seems to be a product that people either love or hate. Many complain that the finish is fake, or that the formula is too thick, but others love the finish, and say that the lasting power is amazing. I am one of the latter group of people, who love this foundation. I gave in to the hype a month ago and I haven't looked back.
First of all, I wish this foundation came with a pump, it's just gets too messy without. I put on my old MAC Studio Fix Fluid pump which fits perfectly, but I would have liked a gold one to match the lid. The consistency is not as thick as people make it out to be. I expected it to be almost like mousse, but it definitely does run, it's just not as thin as some water based foundations.  The coverage is definitely a full coverage, but can be thinned out with a damp Beauty Blender, which is my favourite way of applying it to make it flawless. I find that using a brush makes it harder to blend out evenly. The Beauty Blender also makes the foundation feel lighter on your skin, which is something I like.

Coverage is on point and sometimes I even skip concealer which is a bonus. I have the lightest shade which is 1C1 Cool Bone which is a pretty good match but I wish it was just a tad lighter as in some lights in can look a little too warm on my pale face. It lasts all day and it doesn't feel heavy at all or feel like it's caking up around my nose which is usually a problem area for me.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fuller coverage on normal to oily skin. I think this might exaggerate dry skin but maybe pop on some moisturiser before you apply it. At $50AUD, I think it's reasonably priced compared to some foundations you can get at Mecca Cosmetica.

Have you tried this and what are your opinions?

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have tried this and I was of the former opinion that it just looks a little too much for daytime wear and I didn't like the consistency. It looks like heavy makeup on my combination skin, but I did try it with a brush so a beauty blender would probably yield much better results (thanks for the tip). I think, for me, I prefer buildable foundations where you can customise your coverage depending on your needs and mood, whereas this is a straight up coverage foundation. The light version of this foundation is a favourite of mine, it feels much better, lasts just as long and doesn't look like heavy makeup at all. Great review, I might give this a whirl with a beauty blender now, thanks for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it another shot with the beauty blender. I really want to try the lighter one for a more everyday because even though I love this foundation I do think I would prefer something a little lighter on my skin. It's always good to hear other people's opinions because wouldn't the world be a boring place if everyone loved the same things! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig