Monday 23 October 2017

I'm Moving To London



I can't believe it is all finally falling into place but it is. I am leaving my home of Perth, Australia to head off to London at the beginning of December! My visa arrived in the post yesterday so everything is feeling very real now. This has been in the works since about April last year but only started gaining full momentum in July this year. And with my leaving date now under seven weeks, it's starting to feel more like a reality than an idea.


I'm heading over to the UK on a five year Ancestry Visa, which to be eligible for you need to have a grandparent that was born in the UK. My grandma on my Dad's side was so the main part of my visa application was proving that I was related to my grandma. I can explain the whole visa process in another post as it was quite a confusing process. One reason that I chose the five year visa over the usual 2 year youth visa is that I am looking at making this move a permanent one. A scary thought, but it is something that I have wanted for a long time.

I will be working as soon as I get to London, as an au pair. Again I will write another blog post about the whole process but this was one of the easier ways to get into the UK. I was inspired by a friend who did it, but in New York instead, and I went through Global Work and Travel Co. For a fee, they have helped me through the whole process and I have already been matched with a family who are so lovely! Along with free accomodation and food, I will get some pocket money in exchange for looking after the children when needed and helping out with housework. It is a big pay cut from what I am earring now but when you look at it, your accomodation and food is sorted, the money you get is basically spending money for the week.

I honestly still can't believe that this is happening as it has been a dream for such a long time. But I hope to document the big move both on my blog and through vlogs on YouTube. And I can't wait to bring you along on the journey with me!

x
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Wow this sounds so exciting! I used to work with a lot of girls who had moved over from Australia when I worked in Selfridges. Can't wait to hear how you get on! xx

    Frances Kayleigh | Fashion Beauty Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like it's so common for Aussies to move back to the mother country ahah! x

      Delete
  2. What an exciting journey you have coming!!!! I remember the visa process being a pain but luckily it was sorted. Cannot wait to hear all about it!
    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig