Monday 7 August 2017

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette Review


Probably one of the most hyped about palettes in the beauty world, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette is a warm eyeshadow lover's dream. Filled with 14 shades which includes orange and berry shades, it retails for $75 AUD. This is my first experience with ABH eyeshadows so I was intrigued to see what everyone raves about. The packaging is cardboard with a velvet outside, which I can see getting very battered overtime but so far I have managed to keep it clean.

The great thing about this palette is most of the shades are matte. I hate when palettes only included one or two mattes because it makes it difficult to create an entire eyeshadow look. There are two really shimmery shades (Vermeer and Primavera), and the others that aren't matte are more like satin/sheens. This makes the palette really versatile to use alone or with other eyeshadows. And even though most of the shades are n the same colour family, there is enough of a difference to create a wide range of different looks, ranging from neutral to a red smokey eye.

L-R: Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber.

L-R: Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taupe, Realgar.
As you can see from the swatches above, the shades are really pigmented. I did those swatches with my finger but they translate onto the eye just as well with a brush. There is a bit of fallout when you first put the brush in the pan, but when you tap of the excess and start applying it, nothing falls off from there. My favourite shades are Primavera, Venetian Red, and Realgar. Usually I hate the colour orange (there is a long story behind this), but orange eyeshadow is my jam. It suits me and my blue eyes so well.


Overall, I think this palette is worth every cent and all the hype it receives. Though if you're not into warm eyeshadows, maybe then you won't like this. But if warm eyeshadows make you feel things, then this will give you all of the feels. This is becoming my all time favourite palette and will always have a place in my makeup collection.

Have you tried this and what are your opinions? I'd love to here someone disagree!

x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. yep, def one of the most hyped about products in the world. but you can totally see why?! WHAT A BEAUTY.

    yessss i am all about the matte eyeshadows, i find sparkly ones too much for work and that's where i wear them 90% of the time.

    katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig