Monday 17 July 2017

Mid Year Beauty Favourites


So we have officially passed the halfway mark of the year and seriously, where did time go! I feel like I can vividly remember days in January and February like it was only the other week. This year, I don't think I have done any favourites posts and that's because I felt pressured every month to find a group of products that I have loved which were different to the months before. I just wasn't buying a lot of new stuff to be able to do these kinds of posts so I thought I would get all the products that I have tried this year (but not necessarily launched this year) and been in love with!

In terms of skincare, I haven't been trying many new things as I've found that everything I currently use does the job well enough. I've still got acne and a few other issues but the products I'm using seem to have it under control. But leading into the colder months I wanted some extra hydration that I wasn't getting with my usual moisturiser. So I went to Aesop and one lady recommended the Aesop Lightweight Facial Hydrating Serum. It is a liquid rather than a creme/gel and leaves your face looking very very dewy. You can use this both day and night but I prefer it just for night. It packs more of a punch but without feeling heavy which I love. She also recommended to add in an oil for extra hydration and gave me a few samples of one of the Aesop oils, and I have been loving that combination too. Another skincare bit that I have added into my routine has been the Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel. This little two-step combo is a bit pricey but worth it. After a few uses I noticed less skin texture on my chin and between my brows which had been driving me crazy. You can use this daily but I find once a week on my pamper night works well for me, I don't think I could afford to use this daily.

The drugstore isn't a place I have been going to recently, I'm not sure why but there has been nothing that catches my eye. However, my favourite foundation this year is from the drugstore and it's the L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation. With a mousey gesture, it gives me the closest to full coverage I've had from any foundation and doesn't turn my face into an oil slick which is great! I did a review for it so read that to find out more on why I love it.

This year, I feel like a lot of my makeup purchases have been products that have been hyped for a long time. I hardly ever buy a product when it first comes out, I need to read heaps of reviews and watch many YouTube videos before I pick up a product. The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette has been on my list to get for a long time and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it. And it does not disappoint! The contour is warm but not too warm that it looks out of place and light enough for my very pale skin. And the highlighter looks beautiful and can be worn subtly or built up for a blinding glow. Speaking of highlighters, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Moonstone is another highlighter that adds a beautiful glow to my skin that can be adjust to my preferences on the day.

Another cult product I purchased was the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Soft Brown. When I first used this, it was a bit of a fail because I used too much. But after some practice, it's my favourite brow product to get a nice defined brow. Practice makes perfect is the best way to describe this product so don't give up after your first use. I added the shade Walkyrie to my ever growing collection of NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and it has become a go to lip option for work, a beautiful warm brown nude. This is probably my favourite lip formula and I definitely want to add more to my collection.

I'm always a sucker for new eyeshadows so I finally made up my mind and purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette and oh my goodness it is worth all the hype and more. The shades are all so pigmented and buttery, and the warm tones really suit me. This has become my go to palette for going out and I love creating different looks with it. Another eye product but this one I didn't really read any reviews about it, just bought it because it looked so pretty. It's the Stila Magnificent Metals Liquid Eyeshadow in Rose Gold Retro and I just couldn't resist because it's so beautiful. I'm a sicker for glitter and if you are too, you should get this! It's a liquid glitter which is great because there is no fall out and stays in place throughout the night. I think I should invest in some more shades but my wallet wouldn't like that.

Let me know what your mid year beauty favourites are, I would love to know!

x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These are great picks! I see a few of my favourites in here as well! Including the ABH palette & dip brow. They're amazing.

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am completely in love with the ABH palette now! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig