Thursday 29 December 2016

My Top 10 Favourite Products of 2016


2016, what a strange year. In general, a lot of things happened that honestly were pretty terrible. But personally, I had a great year. I welcomed the New Year in Paris and spent the rest of the month travelling around the UK, with 2 of those weeks in London. I graduated from university, I turned 21, went on my first date (yes this is a significant milestone for myself!), got my first full time job, and have started planning a big move to the other side of the world! 2017 is only going to be bigger and better and I can't wait to see what it brings me. But lets get onto the real reason for this post, my favourite bits of makeup I have used this year.


Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer - review - This product is similar to Benefit's Porefessional but a little bit better. It smooths the skin and any foundation goes on top beautifully. I've had this mini size for almost a year and I think I've only got through half the tube. I find it also helps with my oily skin, which is always a bonus.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - review - This stuff is like magic for your face. For my oily skin and acne covered face, this stuff is the bees knees. I was surprised by how light it felt on the skin after hearing that it is really heavy. The coverage is almost full but you can build it up. It lasts all day and helps to keep oils at bay, but wears nicely during the day. If your skin sounds similar to mine, you'll love this!

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder - I got this in Ljubljana after running out of my MAC powder, after needing a quick replacement. And this is my third compact. I got really hooked, it provides a little bit of coverage but doesn't make it look like your adding layers above your foundation. It keeps me nice and matte during the day and with some foundations, I don't have to reapply at all!

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle - My first highlight and my only one. It is a subtle gold sheen but when I want a bit more pizazz, I use it with a bit of Fix+. If your a beginner with makeup or highlight, this would be the one for you and it suits so many skin tones.

Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil - I have had this for a long time but I only started using it on an everyday basis this year. It doesn't have the finest point but I like that as it gives a nice everyday brow look. And I love the spoolie on the end.

Benefit Gimme Brow - review - I love using this as either an everyday brow product just to add colour, or on top of my brow pencil to add fullness and set everything in place. I love the repackaging, and I have yet to find a brow gel better than this!

Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in DGAF - I think 2016 has been the year of Colourpop. I have made a few orders this year, and while I do love their liquid lipsticks, I think the formula of their eyeshadows are amazing! My favourite shade and my most worn is DGAF, which is a dirty rose gold with different coloured reflects. It's hard to describe but it looks amazing on, trust me.

Charlotte Tilbury Quad in Dolce Vita - review - Probably one of the most talked about Charlotte Tilbury products going around, it does live up to the hype. It helps you create a subtle smokey eye with a bit of sparkle. Even though there are only 4 shades, I feel like you can play around with it and create a lot of different looks.

Clarins Lip Oil - This is only relativity new to me but I have fallen hard and fast for this lip oil. It moisturises so well so I love using this in the morning and right before I go to bed. I would love to get the tinted one to wear during the day, they're just so comfortable.

Beauty Blender - review - I saved the best till last. This has changed the way I do my makeup this year. I find my foundation lasts and looks better, and I don't seem to get as oily. Especially with heavier foundations, it helps them to feel lighter on the skin without compromising the coverage and longevity. A must for everyone's makeup bags.

What have you been loving this year?

x


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wish I had got DGAF from Colour Pop now, great post! I love the MUFE primers so much, thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great Christmas x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you had fabulous Christmas too! x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig