Thursday 22 December 2016

Looking Festive in the Heat



Looking festive I find is hard in the Australian Summer. All these tutorials are going up with amazing eye looks and berry lips, but I can't wear too much in the Summer before my face starts to melt off. Also the darker colours don't really match the weather down under. So I've found some products that will help me express the festive mood but also scream Summer while also staying on my face during the searing heat.

For the eyes, I don't like wearing really too heavy, so adding some glitter liner is really simple but gives off some party vibes. The Colourpop Creme Gel Liner in Get Paid is a rose gold loner that does not budge throughout the day, making it perfecting for the hot weather. And the colour is very vibrant and opaque, I usually add a thick line above my lashes without any eyeshadow. Another one of my favourite ways to add glitter to my look is by using a black powder to lightly line my upper eyelid the add one of the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliners on top. It's simple but it looks great. Whenever I wore the shade Distortion for a concert at Uni, everyone would compliment it and were mesmerized by the holographic glitter!


Those berry shades that are so popular this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere just don't feel right in the summer, so I prefer to go for a more fuchsia shade of red. These tend to be brighter and just feel more summery. My favourite ones are MAC Relentlessly Red, Kat Von D Bachelorette, and Colourpop Frenchie. All formulas are really long wearing and matte, great for getting you through Christmas lunch!

How do you like to look festive in the heat?

x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig