Wednesday 20 July 2016

What I've Been Reading Recently #3


At the present moment, I'm in a bit of a reading slump and it means I am falling behind on my goal of 25 books to read for the Goodreads Reading Challenge. But about a month ago, I was on a roll and read a few books back to back. I borrowed a few books off my Aunt yesterday, who is an avid reader, and hopefully they can get me back into the reading mood.

#GIRLBOSS - Sophia Amoruso

This book has been hyped up by the blogger community for a long time so naturally I thought I should read this. Sophia tells us of her rise from dumpster diving to being the CEO of her own company. While I do think this is a great read to get motivated to do something, I was confused by the way the book was written. Is it an autobiography? Maybe because it did document her life but not in great detail. Is it a book for business advice? I don't think so. While she told us about what she did to get to where she is now, she didn't go into great lengths about everything. Also, sometimes I found that her tone was a bit judgmental and she would often say things that contradicted what she earlier in the book. Overall, it's good, but honestly nothing great.


The Woman in Black - Susan Hill

Now that I have read this, I want to see the movie because none other than Mr. Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) is in it! The book centers around Arthur, who gets tasked to visit a a recently deceased woman's house to sort through her papers for legal purposes and the haunting begins. It was a good little read, nothing to extreme, maybe a bit predictable and probably not scary enough. Don't worry about getting scared, it's pretty tame so I would have liked more but I think I prefer a psychological thriller rather than an old fashioned ghost story.


Wrong Girl - Zoe Foster 

While I love reading books that can be mentally challenging, I do love to read a good chick-lit book that will take my mind of things and relax me. This book does just that. It's got a good love triangle, a girl struggling with her with the way her career is going, and a hottie right in the middle of it. I love the way that Zoe describes everything in detail and I must admit I did chuckle out loud many times. If you love Bridget Jones' Diary or anything by Sophie Kinsella, you'll love this one!

What have you been reading lately? Let me know because I love a good reading recommendation! Follow me here to catch up on what I've been reading!


x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am just about to dive into Bossy Pants by Tina Fey, and I have been reading a few books from Tijan they're really light-hearted and great to read before bed if you want to fall asleep. I mean that in the nicest way xxx

    AlLittleKiran - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! If you read something too deep, it makes you think and you can't shut off your brain before bed! xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig