Monday 20 July 2015

MOTD | Mauve It Up


Using mauve shades in my makeup lately has been my new obsession. I've never really been into mauve shades before but something has changed in me! The eyes and lips in this look, I have been wearing almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. I wore this look to one of my friend's 20th birthday and I think it was a perfect simple night time look.



Firstly, I sprayed my face using MAC Fix +, which I have found to help my makeup apply better and stay even throughout the day. I used the bareMinerals Prime Time Neutralising Primer as it helps to cancel out any redness, and even my skin out. My latest foundation obsession is the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte and let me tell you, this stuff is the best. But I'll talk about it more in a post soon. For concealer, I used MAC Pro Longwear for under the eyes and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer on any blemishes. To set my face, as usual, I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. The Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve had been the only blush I've been using for the past month, it is so beautiful. To subtly highlight, I used the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light, which is a mauve shade, and looks beautiful on top of the blush.

Moving on to eyes, I primed my lids with the NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer, which is probably the best primer for my extremely oily eyelids. Then for my eyeshadow, I used the Lorac Pro Palette. I used the shade Cream to set my eye primer and provide a base for the colour. I then took Taupe and blended that into my crease before applying Mauve over my eyelids. Then in the outer corner, I used Espresso. I then lined my eyes with the Stila Stay All Day Eyeliner in Black. I used the new Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. For my brows, I've been loving the Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in Universal Taupe to create a more blood eyebrow look for nights out. Then to finish this mauve look off I used a combination of the Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve, which is really creamy and super cheap, and MAC Lipstick in Mehr, which has become quite popular lately.

This look is one of my favourites, and I now use this whenever I'm stuck for ideas!

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ahh, some amazing products - definitely a few of my faves in here! I'm still getting the hang of the Loreal foundation but I think I like it! Mehr looks gorgeous, I definitely need to check it out!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The L'Oreal foundation definitely has a different texture when it's drying, it feels a lot like powder.

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig