Friday 19 December 2014

Soundtrack To My Life Tag

When I came across this tag on YouTube, I knew I had to do it. This tag was created by Zoe London and Lily Melrose. Music is a major part of my life; it's what I study at university, it's something I can bond over with my parents, and not a day goes by when my stereo isn't blasting something. So I hope you enjoy reading this and I'd love to see your answers for this, so if you do it, let me know in the comments!

Song you listen to when you're happy? Je Vais Tres Bien - Twin Twin. The title literally translates to I'm very well, so it's all about being happy. It's the perfect song to dance around your room to and never fails to make me happy every time!

Song you listen to when you're sad? Untitled - Matt Corby. This is just a beautiful song. When I'm sad I like to listen to slow music, then once I've convinced to stop myself from being so caught up on something, then I'll move the uplifting songs. But this one is just so beautiful that it helps to calm me and think clearly.

What song will you have at your wedding? Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran. Or any other slow Ed Sheeran song. Seriously, I think in the next 10 years, 90% of first dances at weddings will be a song by Ed Sheeran. This song is just so beautiful and intimate, and would be perfect for the first dance at your wedding.

What song do you dance around the house to? Waterloo - ABBA. I have inherited my love of ABBA from my mother, and to be honest, her whole family. When I was little, at almost every family dinner at my house, we would put on an ABBA record, and we would all turn into some ABBA tribute group. I think the neighbours used to think we were the weirdest family. 

Song you play on your headphones when out and about? Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys. Or anything by them! Whenever I listen to this song or there music, it makes me feel like I'm strutting along, not having to think about anyone else. It makes me feel slightly cooler! Ha!

Song you listen to when you're angry? To be honest, I don't really get angry. My friends are still baffled by this. If I was angry, I would want something to cheer me up so something by Mika or Vampire Weekend.

Song you'd have at your funeral? Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles. When I die, my funeral will not be a depressing affair! This song is just a sweet song, saying that everything is going to be alright. Also, at the end of the funeral, I want You Can Call Me Al, to be playing. No one will be crying, only laughing!


Song that makes you lose your shit at a party? Magic Fountain - Art Vs. Science. This song is my jam! I remember at my year 12 ball, me and a few of my friends were waiting in line for photos and then we heard this. We just looked at each other and then ran in our dresses and heels to the dance floor and flung our arms around like maniacs. If you want to see me dance like an idiot, put this on.


The last song you listened to? Lost on Me - Peace. This is probably my favourite song at the moment. It's so catchy and groovy. Who says groovy anymore? Also, the video clip is genius.


Your karaoke song? Uptown Girl - Billy Joel. This was on singstar and the song is literally broken on the disc because of the amount of times I played this. It was one of the only songs I could get full marks for other than Video Killed The Radio Star.


What song do you work out/exercise to?  You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates. I don't exercise a lot but I love listening to this! It's so up beat and easy to get me in a good mood to exercise. 


Song with the most memories attached? Euphoria - Loreen. I went to Europe in 2011, and my favourite place was Paris. One night I couldn't sleep, so I sat in front of our huge window over looking a busy intersection. I stayed up all night just watching, and I felt so happy.  Even though the song wasn't out at the time of the memories, the song just fits it perfectly. 


Song that makes you cry? Beth/Rest -  Bon Iver. When I'm sad, I usually listen to slow, calming songs like this. This is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Sometimes, it even makes me cry if I'm listening to it and not doing anything else. But not cry in a sad way, in a happy way!


Song you hate the most? Baby - Justin Bieber. This song is so irritating! For the first few weeks I thought it was a girl, honestly! It just annoys me so much, please never play it near me!

Your favourite song of all time? You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon. This song makes me so happy, and it's so catchy. I will never ever get sick of this song, and I'm always singing it in my car!

x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig