Tuesday 16 September 2014

Disappointing Products #2



I'm back with another disappointing products. Most of these empties were surprisingly disappointing as I had heard great things about them. Also, please not that the Daisy perfume is not part of this, it's just decoration. How can you not love the original Daisy!?

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
This is still not available in Australia but bought it on All Cosmetics Wholesale. I was excited as some people were saying it is a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional. I gave it a go, but it didn't seem to do anything, it even made my skin oilier. I didn't find it smoothed over my pores as they still looked the same and it didn't help my makeup last either.

Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder Transparent
I was so disappointed when this didn't work for me! Everyone and their mothers love this product and I bought it as an emergency powder one day when I left mine at home. I found that it made my makeup look really cake and everything bunched up, especially around my nose. This makes me so sad to say this because I was so excited about trying and using it.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Colour Pencil in Smokey Taupe
When I swatched it on my hand at Priceline, it felt so creamy and the pigmentation was amazing so of course I had to get it. But when I tried it on my eyes at home, it wasn't what I thought it would be. When I applied it to my eyes, it didn't go on as creamy and tugged on my eyelids. Then when I tried to blend it out, it just ended up rubbing the colour off and leaving glitter on my eyelids. So disappointing because the colour is beautiful!

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer
This product for me I do like, but there is one thing that is stopping me from loving it and wearing it. It makes my makeup last longer and doesn't stop the oil coming through, but does slow it down which is good. BUT! The colour of the primer is orange and it doesn't blend well into my skin make my foundation have a tint of orange in it. If it was clear, I would be all over this primer but for now, it's back into hiding it goes.

Have you found anything disappointing lately?

x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I didnt get along with the baby skin primer, and stay matte powder either! I hated them both!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying my baby skin primer,i find it helps my make-up go on alot smoother and definitely reduces the size of my pores. Been using it for quite a while now and im still happy. / http://evverythingnice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig